ST.150 M2 + STR8.150 M2: Stanton Updates Turntables at NAMM 2017 – DJ TechTools
While on the whole NAMM 2017 has been very quiet, we managed to get the scoop on a new pair of updated turntables from Stanton. The new STR8.150 M2 and ST.150 M2 units are coming soon – get the details inside.
ST.150 M2 + STR8.150 M2 Turntables
- Product: ST.150 M2 / STR8.150 M2
- Manufacturer: Stanton
- Release Date: TBD
- Price: $599 (expected)
Stanton shared with us that they’ve completely updated these turntables, re-engineering them “from the ground up”. As with the original models, the ST.150 M2 has a standard S-shaped tonearm, while the STR8.150 M2 has a straight tonearm that’s “skip-proof”.
The new versions of these turntables are lighter than their first generation counterparts, coming in at 22.5 pounds, made out of aluminum. The previous models were 36 pounds, and the weight on the old versions was a big factor in their stability. To compensate, the new versions have liquid-filled isolation feet. Here’s the full feature set from Stanton:
- Direct-drive turntable featuring motor torque up to 4.5kg
- Heavy-duty aluminum construction with very low resonance base 22.5lbs
- Ultra stable damped platter
- Adjustable brake speed
- Selectable pitch control with Quartz Lock
- Speed 33/45/78 including Reverse
- Removable target light and adjustable shock absorption feet
- Selectable Phono / Line RCA outs
- Included: Full version of Deckadance DVS software, slip mat, 45 adapter, right angled cable
- Cartridge not included.
Updated Entry-Level Units As Well
Stanton is also updating their entry-level turntables – the T.92 M2 USB and T.62 M2. We’re waiting on a full official press release, but here’s an image showing their specs overview and comparison between all of the M2 Models:
More details coming soon on these products once we get the official annoucement!
Wondering why there’s so much new gear news on DJTT right now? Companies are rolling out their new products ahead of the NAMM 2017 industry convention. We’re giving DJTT readers the first coverage and insights into what’s coming out:
Get in the inside loop with the DJTT Member Newsletter
Sign up for the DJTT newsletter and get exclusive coupons on DJ gear, regular updates in DJ news, free Ableton soundpacks, and more